Create 32 bit applications that run in the Windows console/command prompt. It's as straightforward as programming for DOS, yet gets you beyond those DOS limitations. Much faster than the best DOS Basic around! The high degree of source code compatibility with PowerBASIC, QuickBasic, GW-BASIC and BASICA makes it easy to port existing DOS applications to run under Windows 95 through Windows 10.
The latest version of PB/CC has a number of great new features:
- Total support for both ANSI and Unicode strings, with automatic conversion
- Simplified resource support — You can add resource data inline, right in your basic source code. No need to create a resource file, compile it, then link it into your source. It’s all done automatically!
- Dead code removal — Unreferenced code will be removed from the compiled program to minimize the executable file size.
- Create client COM applications and COM components using Dispatch, Direct, Automation, or Dual interfaces.
- A complete graphics engine, a printer package for Windows-only printers, dynamic pointers, thread local storage, and more
PB/CC supports INPUT, PRINT, LOCATE, LINE INPUT, INKEY$, INSTAT, CLS, COLOR, KEY, KEY$, and LPRINT. PB/CC also has many more built-in statements for mouse handling, scrolling, and keyboard processing.
Please take a look at our language reference for more information.
Language Reference (PDF)
License Agreement (PDF)
Note: PowerBASIC Console Compiler does not create 16 bit DOS applications.